Sunday, October 26, 2008

I guess I better get writing since I know I have readers now. ;)

Well, it has been a while since my last post. Sometimes I struggle with what to share on here. Sometimes I tend to be very philosophical. Then at other times, my posts seem to be about simple, everyday things. Maybe I will find a happy medium in my writing. Or maybe I'll realize that life is full of all ends of the spectrum and it is ok to write about all of it.

My special thought for today has to do with a realization I had during worship at church today. Life around us has been pretty crazy lately with a couple of friends dying way before it seems should have been their time. There's been some major struggles come up with the ministry we work with. Not to mention all the instability in our country in general. Throughout some of this turmoil, the amazing thing I have experienced is the "peace that passes understanding" that God promises us in Philippians. The realization I had today was about where the Lord has brought me. For a long time I struggled with the need to do something significant. To really impact people for the kingdom of God. The problem was that I felt discontent when I didn't see it happening the way I thought it should. He has brought me to a point where I don't have to be anywhere or do anything beyond where He has me right now. I only need to be obedient to Him and His word. I am so thankful for the contentment I've found in this place.

1 comment:

Tami said...

This is YOUR blog Courtney. You can write whatever you want to!! You're a mom and have to put on SO many different hats during the day so of course you will have a variety of things to write about! I love it!

I totally hear you about feeling this need to impact our world but being at home makes us feel insignificant in that area. I too came to a point where God said to me, your kids ARE your ministry! Your family is your ministry. The way you serve them, train them. You ARE in fact impacting the world around you by what you pour into your kids. THAT is a HUGE job!! I'm glad that you have God's peace and realize that where you are now is where He wants you to be!