Thursday, June 12, 2008

Family

It is amazing how many ways my heart has been stirring about my family. I have been reading an excellent book about parenting called, "Shepherding the Heart of Your Child, " by Tedd Tripp. It has really challenged me in the way I discipline and communicate with my children. Gerrad and I have also been watching a video series called, "Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World." The Bradrick Family put this out through their ministry Family Discipleship Ministries. I am realizing more and more how important it is for me to be home with my children and how they truly are my primary ministry in the short amount of time I will be blessed to raise them. It is sometimes a heavy responsibility, but also one that brings great joy. I am so thankful that God has helped me realize how important my role is in relationship to my husband and children. I can tell you, I have a greater sense of contentment, that my husband even notices. I think it came from finally accepting what God had for me and not thinking it wasn't enough. I'm learning how much enough it is. Almost, to the point of being overwhelming. But with God's help, I think I'm up for the task.

No comments: